I am pleased to announce that Thomas “Tom” Hermanns joined Viceroy as our Leadership & Development Director effective yesterday, June 25, 2018. Tom comes to us with over 11 years of experience and a proven record of working collaboratively to improve training program efficiency and value. Tom will be part of my leadership staff, working closely with myself and our leadership team to help us execute our blueprint and vision.
In this role, Tom will be responsible for the operations of our Leadership & Development Center to produce field leaders and “tools” for those leaders to use in driving our culture into all aspects of the organization. Tom will also lead the creation and implementation of leadership development programs and applicable curriculum to help drive operational excellence and new strategic competencies. Among his responsibilities are:
• Researching and analyzing job performance data to identify curriculum needs for continuous improvement.
• Consulting with Operations in the design, development, and evolution of the curriculum to strategically align with the vision and goals of the business.
• Identifying and managing internal and external trainers to implement programs and curriculum.
• Establishing rhythms and procedures with the shareholder organization and labor partners to leverage existing training and tools.
• Developing measurement and evaluation for curriculum to ensure improvement as required to continually meet strategic business goals.
Tom earned his Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems (1998) from Dallas Baptist University and Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Engineering Technology (1988) from ITT Technical Institute. During his career, Tom has provided leadership in Customer Support, Business Analysis, and Training & Development roles and ran a small business for 8+ years. Tom’s deep systems and technological knowledge, demonstrated business and financial acumen, and passion for leadership development make him an ideal fit for this critical role.
Please join me in welcoming Tom to the team.
- APM President, Jake Locklear