The APM Nuclear crew of about 30 employees, led by Superintendents, Greg Gibbs and Terry Jennings, recently delivered an outstanding performance at the Entergy – Arkansas Nuclear One (ANO) site. The crew was supported by GSSI Safety Professionals, Edward Geers and David Panipinto, to lead the onsite safety program. Together, the team did a phenomenal job, working in coordination to manage attention to safety during each and every task. The crew was recognized for the way they were conducting business and maintaining their work areas almost every day of the outage. One of the customer Project Managers even stated that he had never seen such level of material handling performance and attention to detail by a crew. Area cleanliness and organization was maintained to the highest standards and safety performance remained exceptional throughout. All onsite teams from the various businesses worked extremely well together, orchestrating every task with precision. Many site visitors from other work groups stopped by at the customer’s request to observe how they were executing the job – This crew set the bar high for other onsite personnel. Everyone involved in making this job a success should be very proud of the continued recognition for this achievement.
By working together, the GE, APM and GSSI crew onsite embraced and executed the 3 Core Principles set by GE Project Manager, Ron Miller:
- Safety – We will take whatever actions are necessary to assure the safety of all personnel and plant equipment.
- Quality – We will set the standard for work quality and performance that others will want to follow.
- Work Ethic – We will provide no less than an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
This is the 3rd outage in a row at ANO where GE has:
- Completed the outage with zero recordable incidents and no first aid or near miss incidents (this is extraordinary!).
- Completed the GE scope ahead of schedule.
- Completed the outage under the T&M estimated cost.
Congratulations to this team for executing the work scope safely, on budget and ahead of schedule. Teamwork between leadership and the onsite team proved once again to be the key to success. GE, APM and GSSI continue to raise the bar for excellence because of these great teams who are committed to safety, quality, teamwork and customer service!